Beauty expert and author of Bonding Over Beauty, Erika Katz, shares with us her tips for avoiding beach beauty blunders this summer! Find out her quick tricks for conquering cellulite, beating breakouts and wrangling with runny mascara:
- Cellulite. Let’s face it, teensy-weensy bikinis are pretty good at pointing out those extra dimples on our derrieres! Erika’s solution? “Drink a lot of water to get rid of toxins, and massage problem areas with moisturiser.”
- Oily Skin. Increased temps and time outside usually result in an added sheen on our face and bodies. But fret not, oily skin can be sent packing! “Moisturiser should have more water and less oil in the summer. Use oil free if you are prone to breakouts,” says Erika.
- Dry hair. Heat, excessive styling and water activities take their toll on your tresses. Fix the damage with an intensive conditioner! “After the sun, swimming and chorine, hair will need a deep condition,” explains Erika. “Apply a buttery deep condition to the hair, sit in the sun for 20 minutes to let the heat open the hair cuticle, and wash out for moisturised, rejuvenated locks.”
- Breakouts. Oily skin can often lead to embarrassing breakouts. Nip them in the bud with this on-the-go trick. “While the sun helps dry out pimples, sweat brings them out. Keep some cotton balls in your purse and moisten the cotton during the day to pat off excess oil.”
- Running makeup. Looking your best in extreme heat conditions can be impossible! “Heat makes it harder for makeup, especially eye makeup, to stay put,” says Erika. “For liner, use pencil and brush on some eye shadow to seal in the colour over the pencil. To do this, dip a slanted brush in water, pat the brush in eyeshadow and draw a line over the eye pencil.”
At Spafinder Wellness 365 we want to bring you the latest beauty tricks and tips. To stay updated and get access to offers and giveaways, sign up to receive Spafinder newsletters.
To enjoy a massage, facial, mani-pedi or spa day, be sure to get a Spafinder Gift Voucher.