One of the hottest trends for 2017 is Infrared everything – from saunas to body wraps to full body treatments. Not only are they a way to firm up skin elasticity like Botox, but other uses include detox, weight-loss, improved circulation, pain relief, anti-aging and a way to reactivate your cellular metabolism for both your face AND your body.
Infrared treatments have been known to:
- Reduce cellulite
- Improve circulation
- Improve sports performance
- Reduce stress levels
- Help weight loss
- Improve wound healing
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve pain relief
- Skin rejuvenation
Prime candidates for infrared sauna treatments:
- People who are in the weight loss process. If you plan to lose more than 5-10lbs, scheduling these treatments will help manage loose skin on the face, neck, lower portion of your arm, flank areas, breasts, abdomen, buttocks and thighs due to excessive weight loss.
- People with high cortisol levels. These treatments are known to reduce stress levels in the body.
- People who suffer from joint and muscular pain. Athletes would benefit from this.
In the UK, infrared sauna treatments are available at Cove Spa. Also The Gainsborough Bath Spa offer the use of infrared sauna as part of the Bath House Circuit and their Spa Day packages.
- Improves blood and lymphatic circulation
- Reduces excess weight
- Stimulates elimination of fat (lipolysis)
- Firms and remodels the silhouette
- Average results after 15-60 minute sessions are -2.9cm on the thighs plus -3.2kg of excess weight loss.
Infrared treatments for your face:
Again we recommend you visit for a consultation to ask about the protocol. If you decide to follow through with the process on your face, this is what you may experience:
- Based on skin type, exfoliation or peeling can be carried out.
- Skin mask is applied followed by a cream
- Then you will be enveloped in gentle heat and your cellular metabolism is reactivated.
- During the sessions, Oliogomeric Proanthocyanidin Complexes (OPC’s are used otherwise known as patented grape seed extracts) provide prevention and protection for the skin to reactivate the synthesis of collagen and elastin.
- Diminishes wrinkle depth
- Smoothes the skin’s microrelief – up to 52.33% difference in microrelief variations
- Improves the skin’s elasticity – lifting effect for 95% of people tested
So what does infrared truly offer? For those who seek to tighten their skin, reduce stress, reduce cellulite and even treat injuries, this can be a repose from other methodologies that will result with overall improvements.
Infrared treatments have been known for the relaxing components, detox effects, and overall well-being. Everyone is different so please do try it and let us know what you think!
At Spafinder we want to bring you the latest spa treatments and industry insights, so you can live well all year round. To stay updated and get access to offers and giveaways, sign up to receive Spafinder newsletters.
To enjoy a massage, facial, mani-pedi or spa day, be sure to get a Spafinder Gift Voucher.