This may be a common way to have treatments for some, but for others this concept may be alien, so we want to uncover the details that make this treatment method a popular choice for many and dispel the myths for those that are yet to experience it
Here goes, we’ll start with exploring these common questions about couples massage;
- What a couples massage is? So, couple’s massage can set the tone for a romantic spa-going experience for two because it’s designed to be shared with a significant other, or guests can simply enjoy some bonding time with a best friend while indulging in side-by-side services.
- What should you expect when having a Couples Massage? A Couple’s Massage allows partners to experience massage together in the same area as one therapist works on each person. Spas increasingly continue to cater to couples—and the couple’s massage is just one treatment they take to heart. Some spas turn this into a romantic event that can leave guests starry-eyed, setting the treatment in a special room or suite large enough for two, beachside underneath the stars, or in the couple’s guest room at a hotel or resort. For an extra-special touch, rooms reserved for side-by-side massage treatments may feature cozy spa fixtures such as fireplaces, shower facilities, Jacuzzis, and dual soaking tubs, and some spas offer irresistible amenities like champagne and strawberries as a sumptuous treat.
- Is this treatment just for couples? Well they say two’s company! Many spas offer treatments à deux so spa-goers can share a pampering experience with a significant other, but a couple’s massage isn’t just for romantics—mother-daughter duos and best friends may also enjoy side-by-side services. For couples, this form of massage can offer a double dose of benefits. The tandem treatment invites couples to get a bit closer and reconnect, and it can enhance intimacy and teach each partner how to take care of the other.
- Can we choose if we have a male or female therapist? It’s your call. Spas make every effort to accommodate guest wishes in this regard, but it’s recommended to make advance reservations, particularly during peak hours.
- As this is a shared experience can we speak to each other during the treatment? Sure, speak up (if you wish). Couples can feel free to converse during their massage, or stay silent. It’s entirely your preference.
- What spa etiquette do I need to be aware of? Before you and your partner book your appointment, be sure to brush up on your spa etiquette. For many, a couple’s massage may be your significant other’s first visit to the spa. And while a trip to the spa should be a relaxing experience, if it’s your first spa-going encounter, it can be anything but if you don’t know what to expect. To calm those nerves check out our spa etiquette guide here:
Most importantly massage is more than just a luxurious treat to pamper yourself or to share with someone special; there are many other healthful reasons to get a massage – even on a regular basis, including the big one – stress reduction!. Since stress can translate in different ways for different people, from aches and pains, to muscle tension, to both physical and emotional exhaustion, massage can actually help your body and mind de-stress, providing relief for some of these ailments. See our spa vouchers options here.
Beata Aleksandrowicz, founder of Pure Massage Spa Training Method – providing spas with the concept of modern massage worldwide | www.spatraining.global | www.puremassage.com |
Most recent from Relationships