One-third of engagements happen during the festive season. In many instances, the engagement happens this way because family and friends are gathered together and the happy couple wants to share their joy with others. As we enter the festive engagement season, we have rounded up the first important questions a groom or bride-to-be will most likely ask themselves at this exciting (and sometimes daunting) time.
What are some questions grooms-to-be have when planning their festive engagement surprise?
- First and foremost, how do I find out her ring size without suspicion? In many instances, one of your rings will go missing and/or a close friend will be in cahoots with your future husband.
- Next, which cut? Princess? Round? Oval? So many options. Some couples ring shop together or browse online to subtly do some research.
- Besides ring selection, men often do consider whether they will be good husbands, financial providers and fathers.
So once the proposal happens, what does the happy couple think about before I do?
- Where do we get married? Local or destination wedding? Is eloping an option?
- Bridesmaids or no bridesmaids and just a Maid of Honour?
- Small intimate wedding or large wedding?
- Wedding Dresses – Eggshell, ivory, white or are you going to be modern chic with a coloured dress?
- Separate Hen Party and Stag Do or go duo?
- Wedding registries and more
What are the big bridal beauty considerations for the big day?
- Brides contemplate hair extensions, hair styles, make up, lash extensions etc.
- Which wedding dress do I buy or do I dare to rent a dress? Will I be trashing the dress after the wedding? Is the groom renting a tux or buying one?
We have compiled a list of the Must-Do Spa Tips & Treatments for Brides & Bridesmaids to help you plan your beauty prep in the run-up to the big day. Plus, be sure to check out our Spa Etiquette Guide for Brides to make sure the bride-to-be has a stress free spa visit.
As the rush begins for venues, bridal shops and wedding planners, brides and grooms-to-be scramble to make their wedding day all they dreamed it to be. It is a topsy-turvy time but one riddled with a lot of love and happiness.
At Spafinder we believe that wellness comes from within and without. That’s why we strive to inspire you with tips and tricks on living well all year round! To stay updated and get access to offers and giveaways, sign up to receive Spafinder newsletters.
To enjoy a massage, facial, mani-pedi or spa day, be sure to get a spa voucher.
Most recent from Relationships