Choosing the perfect day spa experience is like choosing your favourite ice cream flavour: the options are endless and they are all delicious! Unlike ice cream cones, you’ll always have room for one more spa treatment. Here are some quick tips to help you plan a day spa experience to satisfy your spa cravings.
All relaxation. No travel
One of the best things about a day spa mini-esape is it’s within reach in your own neighbourhood or city. Explore our UK Spa Guide.
A classic day spa experience
Many day spas are designed around a full day of luxurious spa experiences, and some offer added amenities like saunas, Jacuzzis and more. The famed Champneys Spas are located across the country, and one look at their extensive menu of luxurious treatments and services tell us how easy it is to plan a full spa day. The only question will be how to choose your favourite treatment!
A hotel spa can be a day spa
Trendsetting spas at many famous hotels also offer services to day visitors, along with access to pools, fitness rooms, etc., making it easy to turn a spa treatment into a spa day. Pennyhill Park Hotel & Spa is known for its extensive menu of facials, massage services, scrubs, wraps and beauty services. In addition, culinary options include the Michelin-starred restaurant in the Latymer as well as the Brasserie, 2AA Rosette-awarded venue open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Spa abroad without leaving home
Yearning to try an exotic spa treatment? Korean spas are known for popular body scrubs, affordable facials and massage. Plus, Thai spas are popular for Thai massage, which consists of a series of stretches and deep-pressure point work to treat the entire body. One example in the UK is SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, where you can refresh your senses at the luxury Thai Spa.
Here are a few tips to help you plan your day spa experience like a pro:
- Schedule an hour between appointments. This will give you time to relax in the lounge or enjoy the spa’s amenities, like saunas and steam rooms.
- Planning to enjoy your day spa getaway with your friends? Ask the spa to sync up your appointments so you can enjoy breaks and lunch together.
- Check on lunch well in advance. If the spa doesn’t offer food, ask for nearby restaurants that will complement your spa experience.
- If the spa doesn’t provide showers or locker rooms, be sure to arrive freshly bathed and wear comfortable clothes.
- Think about the order of your treatments and ask the spa staff for advice. For example, start with a facial or scrub, followed by a massage. It’s best to book beauty services like mani-pedis or hair styling at the end of your day. Leave the spa relaxed and gorgeous.
At Spafinder Wellness 365, we’re here to offer holistic advice to help you feel better inside and out. Be part of the Spafinder community by signing up for an account and receive special offers and updates.
To enjoy a massage, facial, yoga class or spa day at thousands of locations worldwide, be sure to purchase a spa voucher.